RoofCARE took this 30 year old Cal Sierra Built Up Roof (BUR) to the next level by installing a new Fluid Applied Roof Renovation (FARR). The FARR not only resulted in a leak free solution but also dramatically reduced the roof temperature which had a significant temperature reduction inside the building.
- San Antonio, TX
- 30,000 Square Feet
- Eric Ho
- July 2020
- JJ Blea
The 30+ year old Cal Sierra Built Up Roof (BUR) was experiencing several leaks and blisters. RoofCARE technical advisors found that the flashing and counter flashing was pulling away from the walls. They also found standing water around the perimeter of the roof was rotting the wood nailers.
Roofing Materials Used
- 6 gallons of asphalt emulsion per square
- 1 ply of polyester fabric embedded into the wet emulsion, and allowed to dry.
- Base coat of of Western Colloid 720 Acrylic coating at 1.5 gallons per square
- Top coat of Western Colloid 720 Acrylic coating at 1.5 gallons per square
- Material is manufactured by Wester Colloid.
- RoofCARE installed a new Fluid Applied Roof Renovation (FARR) to satisfy the need for a leak-free, maintainable, roofing system.
- Perimeter and flashing areas received a 3-course acrylic mastic, polyester fabric, acrylic mastic.
- Drains and candles, received a 5-course acrylic mastic, polyester fabric, mastic, fabric, mastic.
- Base and finish coats received 2 coats of acrylic coating at 1.5 gallons per square on the entire roof and acrylic mastic details.
- Some wood nailers were replaced with new treated on and new 24 gauge galvanized drip edge.
Key Commercial Roof Renovation Facts
- Cal Sierra saw a dramatic reduction of the roof temperature which had a significant temperature reduction inside the building.
- To schedule your free roof assessment contact us at 713-987-4978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To schedule your free roof assessment contact us at 505-246-6960 or email@example.com.