How To Implement Environmental Cleaning For Businesses and Schools
Roofing is designed to shelter your business or commercial space from the outdoor elements, but some building owners can forget the importance of also protecting the interior of the building against mold, insects, odors, bacteria, microorganisms, and viruses. Utilizing optimal environmental cleaning methods for the health and wellbeing of those inside is paramount.
What is present in the air of a space can also typically be found on the surfaces in that same space, and it is often invisible to the naked eye. If you have ever experienced seasonal allergies, you already know it is not possible to see everything in the air we breathe and that some of the contaminants and allergens in it can make us feel unwell.
Synexis Microbial Reduction Technology is a patented technology designed to reduce air contamination in large indoor spaces and reduce pathogens to a safer level. Specifically, it creates a safe level of dry hydrogen peroxide (H202) gas that is instrumental in reducing both the presence of microorganisms and lowering cross-contamination.
Some of the microorganisms this technology can help reduce are:
- Aspergillus Niger
- E. Coli
- Influenza Type A
- Rhinovirus (aka the common cold)
It can also help reduce the presence of insects and unwanted odors, including:
- Spider mites
- Paint odor
- Smoke odor
- Other offensive smells
How Dry Hydrogen Peroxide Is Used for Environmental Cleaning
Synexis Microbial Reduction Technology effectively uses a light and odorless gas called dry hydrogen peroxide to effectively implement environmental cleaning. DHP has been used in a variety of industries for its environmental cleaning capabilities, including healthcare, sports, and biodefense/government.
But what is it about dry hydrogen peroxide that makes it good for environmental cleaning? By being catalytically produced from ambient oxygen and humidity already present in the air, it seamlessly allows microbial reduction.
The science goes a little something like this. Microbes typically require water. Hydrogen peroxide molecules are attracted to the microbes via electrostatically charged cell points and will attack the microbes and damage their cell membranes.
Benefits of Using Dry Hydrogen Peroxide for Environmental Cleaning
The benefits of using a successful environmental cleaning technique can be numerous and go far beyond the tangible. Some of the top benefits of using dry hydrogen peroxide for environmental cleaning can be:
- Bio-burden reduction. The use of DHP helps reduce the levels of mold, viruses, and bacteria present in the air and on surfaces. This may also reduce the number of employee absences which can in turn have a more positive effect on employee productivity.
- Around the clock coverage. As a gas, this cleaner is able to drift into almost every nook, cranny, and corner of a space to aid in reducing the presence of harmful environmental contaminants. Wherever the air goes, this gas goes around the clock, and with some of the hardest to reach places of a space covered, it can leave the people inside breathing a little bit easier.
- Safety. The use of DHP is widely considered safe to be used inside spaces where people gather, while they gather. It is odorless and contains no ozone or chemicals.
- Saves time. Cleaning staff no longer have to be tasked with doing regular manual cleaning of surfaces to get rid of harmful microorganisms. By using DHP, environmental cleaning efforts can have more continuity and coverage while saving the cleaning crew a great deal of time.
- User Friendliness. Not only does the use of dry hydrogen peroxide gas require no labor beyond installation, there is also no requirement to refill solutions since it uses the ambient humidity and oxygen already in the air.
- Peace of mind. Knowing that there is a safe and odorless gas working around the clock to minimize the presence of harmful microorganisms can yield great peace of mind which can also lead to increased levels of focus and concentration for individuals.
Choosing A Company That Offers Synexis Microbial Reduction Technology
When it comes to environmental cleaning, the goal is to work with a company that can function as a partner in helping protect your building or facility from the top all the way down to the floor.
If you’re a facility manager for an educational institution, office building, or other occupied space that you would like to implement safe environmental cleaning practices in, reach out to find out more about Synexis Microbial Reduction Technology today.