Alamogordo, NM €“ RoofCARE was contracted by La Ventanas Apartments to reroof 20+ two story (4/12 pitch roofs ) apartment complexes and property buildings. The goal of this project was to install a new waterproofing system underneath the existing tile roof. The membrane used in this system was a 50 year synthetic material from Stinger.
Scope of work for all buildings:
- Remove tile and stack to the side
- Remove and dispose of underlayment, and flashings
- Inspect roof decking and repair as necessary
- Install new stinger XO50 underlayment
- Flash all penetrations to the underlayment using the 3 course method
- Install new valley metal in all valleys
- Install wood batts
- Re-set tile
- Install mortar at penetrations
The La Ventanas Apartments tile reroof project was managed by Alberto Carrasco a RoofCARE Project Manager with 20+ years of experience in all aspects and applications of roof repair and replacement. Mr. Carrasco currently manages 15 technicians for RoofCARE in the Northern New Mexico region and holds both OSHA 30 certifications.
To ensure safety on the two story 4/12 pitch roofs at the La Ventanas Apartments a safety tower was utilized. This safety tower is designed to safely stop a fall before the worker strikes a lower level and allowed the roofers to conduct their work both safely and easily. Mr. Carrasco and his team are dedicated to following safety protocols and used roofing best practices to ensure the project was completed successfully.