REFLECTIVE ROOF RENOVATIONS
Benefits Include Reduced Emissions, Energy Bills, Waste and Greater Affordability
Reflects the Sun’s Rays
Reduce Emissions & Save Money on Energy Bills
With temperatures feeling warmer every summer, more building owners are turning to reflective roofs, also known as white roofs, to help keep the heat at bay. This type of cool roofing helps absorb less heat by reflecting the sun’s rays, and it’s a more cost-effective way to decrease the temperature inside the building.
Benefits of a Reflective Roof
1. Promote safety in intensely hot climates. Extreme heat can be a safety issue, especially for vulnerable populations. In the intense heat of summer, the difference in the temperature of a non-reflective roof and a reflective roof can be as much as eighty degrees. By having a reflective roof in place, it is estimated to potentially reduce the interior temperatures of a building by up to thirty degrees.
2. Reduce emissions. The use of a reflective roof can yield a reduction in emissions such as carbon dioxide.
3. Save money on energy bills. In locations that experience hot summer temperatures of ninety degrees fahrenheit or higher, it is not uncommon for a commercial building’s HVAC system to work overtime. Although the extra effort helps keep the building cooler, it is taxing on the unit itself and can dramatically raise the cost of an energy bill. Structures that utilize a reflective roof may offer a reduction in energy bills of up to twenty percent.
4. Less disruption. There is a lot of noise and material associated with roof replacements that also require a lot of staff. This extra noise and activity can be distracting to those in the building and may negatively impact their productivity and well-being. A roof renovation for a reflective roof can decrease noise and activity levels significantly, which causes less disruption.
5. Good warranty options. A reputable roofing company will provide a warranty for renovation work. Particularly when it comes to the fluid-applied systems used for renovations, the material is quite reliable—in fact, it’s so reliable that a warranty of up to twenty-five years may be offered.
6. Less waste. Companies that are mindful of reducing their carbon footprint and doing all they can to protect the environment choose roof renovations as they result in significantly less waste, making this a popular green option.
7. More affordable. Replacing a roof is a huge project that includes discarding old materials, hauling it away, and installing new materials. Comparatively, a roof renovation can cost up to fifty percent less, which is a substantial savings.
8. More competent seal against intense weather. Installation of a non-permeable membrane which helps protect against monsoon rains, hurricane force winds, and intense UV radiation.
Experience is Important!
What to Look for in a Reflective Roof Installation Company
If it has been a while since the building’s last roof check, the first step is to call a trusted and reputable roofing company for an inspection. If the professional roofer finds that the roof is in need of repair, be sure to ask them about the possibility of installing a reflective roof via renovation.
Some of the most important things to consider when choosing a roofing company include:
- Experience: Look for a company in which each member of the roofing team brings valuable industry experience to the table.
- Reputation: By searching online as well as visiting with past clients, you will have a better idea of the work the company does and what to expect.
- Services: Be sure the company provides services for a variety of roof types for the most comprehensive job that includes dealing with cracks, leaks, and more.
- Recognition: Look to see if the company has been officially recognized locally for their philanthropic activity or quality of work. This can speak volumes about the provider in a way that a review cannot.
Reflective roofs are durable and preferred for their benefits and cost-savings. For more information about reflective roofs and whether installation may be a possibility for your building, please reach out to RoofCARE today.