Portales Junior High School TPO Installation
RoofCARE technical advisors transformed Portales Junior High School’s leaky roof into a leak-free, maintainable roofing system. After heavy rainfall, the Portales Junior High School TPO installation has continued to protect all assets under the roof. Here you will learn about the challenges the roof faced, materials used, and the steps our RoofCARE techs took to implement a solution.
The Portales Jr. High School’s existing EPDM roof had many leaks sourced from the failure of seams losing adhesion at the base flashings and field. The block walls were absorbing water which caused the EPDM roof to begin to fail at the seams.
- Canyon Coat Sealer by GAF was used at the parapet block walls.
- In the field, we installed 1 layer of 1/2″ primed densdeck mechanically fastened and a fully adhered 60 MIL white TPO roof system by GAF.
- RoofCARE satisfied the need for a leak-free, maintainable roofing system through the strategic use of a new TPO roof system. Installing a new 60 MIL roof system over the existing EPDM roof.
- RoofCARE applied a water repellent (Canyon Tone Clear Wall Coating) product to the interior roof parapets.
- By waterproofing the block walls at Portales Junior High School we eliminated all potential water entry points to the newly installed TPO roof.
- After the Portales Junior High School TPO installation was completed there have been several heavy rainfalls and no leaks have been reported.
- To schedule your free roof assessment contact us at 505-246-6960 or [email protected].